Wednesday 12 June 2013

Hi

I suppose everybody goes into shock when a close relative dies and Johns death was like a punch in the stomach to me..I think Iwas truly stunned so I thought Id post some things about the memories I ave of him. I remember his smile, his easy going attitude and the fact that no matter what was going on in family issues he always asked if I was OK.

Now lets see

Oh yes..I was in a relationship ( not that you could call it that) with a lad who wasnt exactly brilliant ( this is with hindsight) and John quite happily said he would go and say a Squaddie hello if I wanted ( i.e Punch his lights out).. didnt take him up on it but with hindsight ( wonderful thing that) I should have done.
And the night he was staying with the family when I had a massive spider over my bed ( yes I am one of those women who dont like spiders ..though I now have got to stage where I can put glass over and move with card..then its tays on side as everybody knows if you attempt to throw it out it will fly directly on your face) anyway I difgress. John was being the brave protector and decided he would get rid of spider for me...so he stood at bedroom door and threw something at it...it immediately fell down somewhere on my bed at which point hes says there you go" and walks off....thank you John

Late one night watching "Carrie" less than enthralled until the end when her hand comes out teh grave at which point John screams and nearly falls off the settee. Dad and I were in stitches ( not that he was scared you understand).

Introducing me to Nick ( a very brief week relationship) but worth every minute!.

Coming home in Gibraltar when I was on holiday with them. Maggie and I had hit the alcohol ( whatever was in their cabinet at that point...all of it) and still being sober with John being giggly as he'd been out and had a couple of bevvies.

John buying up all the green eyeshadow on Gibraltar so he could go to fancy dress as incredible hulk.

I would like to thank him for his love for my sister....not many people can argue with her and win ...Ive tried doesnt work.

For all the love and support he gave my mam and dad and in brief time he knew him, my brother Neil. For being a great uncle to my kids...who didnt see him as much as theyd like. Finally for being a brother in law who was really a brother.

I wish you peace

1 comment:

  1. thats it my lovely sister - i was all calm and composed and you have set me off again - thank you thats lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete